Apart from its own staff, the firm maintains close relationship with several experienced professionals across disciplines and industries. This enables the firm to assemble easily a formidable team for every assignment, even at very short notice, whenever the need arises because of multiplicity of mandates. As a deliberate policy, only tested professionals are included in the list, which is reviewed based on their individual performance on specific assignments.
- The following are regular features in BAA Consult’s training assignments and they make stand-up presentations, in-the-classroom problem solving and feedback/reporting to client organisations.
- Larry holds degree in Economics, Finance and a Ph.d in Economics from University of Ibadan. He also holds an MBA in Human Resources Management from University of Jos.
- Abasiakan is a Prince2 certified project manager and sits on the Leadership Development Committee of the Central Bank of Nigeria.
- Larry is an Economist, a consummate banker, and HR Professional with over two and a half decades of cognate work experience.
- He retired as the Deputy Director in the Research Department of the Central Bank of Nigeria. He has worked in several departments of the Central Bank of Nigeria, including Development Finance, Research, Monetary Policy, Operations, Human Resources Department, and the CBN Training Institute.
- Abasiakan is a full member of CIMN and has served in various committees of the institute.
- He also served in several committees in the Central bank and was the Chair of the implementation Committees of the role of the OLMS System for Learning Management in the bank
- He was the Team Lead of the Committee on the Competency Management of bank, a member of the Steering Committee on the Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Project of the CBN, a Change Champion on the Culture Change and an Associate Editor of the CBN Bullion – A publication from the Research stable of CBN
- Abasiakan was the chair of the CBN Total Emolument Review Committee of the bank, a member of the Knowledge Management Design and Implementation Committee and HR Transformation Committee, amongst others.
- Membership of Professional Bodies and Associations:
- Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria (Member, MCPIMN)
- Associate, CIPD London
- Prince 2 Project Management Certified
- Society for Human Resources Management of Nigeria, USA (Member) SHRM
- Nigerian Economic Society, NES (Member)
- CMD Certified Management Trainer
- Certified Monitoring and Evaluation Professional
- Expert Certificate in Balanced Scorecard, University of Washington/BSC Institute, 2013
- Larry is a public commentator and an erudite motivational speaker. He has attended various courses, seminars and conferences both in Nigeria and overseas.
- Either directly for corporate organizations or other consultants, Dr. Abasiakan has been involved in training and management development since 1993. He teaches topics that range from Leadership Development, Strategy, Change Management, Human resources, Development Economics, General Management to Finance/Accounting and Banking. He has been involved in the delivery of executive and custom programmes for companies and institutions locally and abroad.
- He was formerly the Head, Rewards and Pensions Division, HR Department of the Central bank of Nigeria (CBN).
He is presently an associate of BAA Consult.
- Sc. Banking & Finance, MBA (Management)
- Over twenty years banking experience.
- Worked for UBA as Head, Control Technique & Standards
- Worked for Prudent Bank as Head, Transactions & Central Operations and Head, Compliance and Controls/Chief Inspector
- Worked for Skye Bank as Head, Compliance Control Group/Chief Compliance Officer and Group Head, Asset Review & Monitoring
- Works with Heritage Banking Company as Group Head, Business Services but currently the Group head, Corporate Compliance.
- By virtue of the various positions he had held, his experience spans across providing overall governance and leadership for Internal Controls and Compliance, enforcement as well as corporate governance champion in the Bank; implementation of strategy to safeguard the bank’s assets and customers entrusted wealth; Providing assurances for Board and Management on transaction integrity and completeness of records; Anti-money laundering champion and internal policing.
- He is a graduate of accounting and holder of Masters’ degree in Business Administration. He is a fellow of ICAN, CIBN and CITN. During the course of his academic and professional education, he won several awards.
- His on-the-job experience cuts across various sectors of the economy particularly: finance house, merchant and commercial banking, audit, consulting, and teaching among others and has held various managerial positions.
- He was in the banking industry for fifteen years during which he worked in domestic operations, inspection, corporate finance, head of branch operations, branch management, Head of investigation, Head of Foreign Operations, recovery, and regional business controller.
- He has been a training consultant to FITC since 1996 and to BAA Consult since 2013. Felix is currently the CEO of F. Agboola & Associates Limited.
- Oluwakayode is an ESG professional and researcher with special interest in ensuring that the “business of every business is sustainable business” while developing sustainability strategies and initiatives. He has participated in various sustainability studies, projects, and discussions locally and internationally with key SDGs interests in goals 8, 12, 16 and 17.
- Oluwakayode is a fellow of the French Institute for Research in Africa and Cornell University Climate fellow. He is also a member of the Young Planning Professionals, International Society of City and Regional Planners (ISOCARP), Hague Netherlands; the Nigerian Institute of Town Planners (NITP), Lagos state, Nigeria; and the Young Planners Forum, NITP Lagos state chapter, Nigeria, where he participated in the 2017 Lagos State sand mining audit exercise and chaired the Project Committee from January 2017-December 2018.
- Oluwakayode has a master’s in urban and Regional Planning from the University of Lagos, Nigeria and currently a PhD student at University of Lagos. His PhD research is focused on environmental management, industrial planning, and CSR.
- Akintola holds both BSc. and MSc. degrees in Economics. He is a Fellowship Member of the Association of Enterprise Risk Management Professionals (AERMP); the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN); Compliance Institute of Nigeria (CIN) and the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN). He is also a Certified Risk Manager (CRM) of the Risk Management Association of Nigeria (RIMAN) and Honourary Senior member (HCIB) of the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria.
- Prior to his banking/financial services working experience which span areas of Internal Control & Audit, General Accounts; Risk Management & Compliance for over 25years, he had over 5years experience in Professional Accounting, Audit and Management Consultancy Services. His banking experienced commenced as an Internal Auditor in International Merchant Bank Plc. (IMB) in September 1992, where he rose to become the Head General Accounts and Management information systems in 1996 before proceeding to Express Discount House as the Chief Inspector from 1997 to 2005. He then became Head, Credit Risk Management of the Company from 2005 to 2006.
- He later joined Access Bank Plc. as the Deputy Group Head of the Compliance and Internal Control Department with complementary responsibility as Head, Operational Risk Management of the Bank up till December 2007. He moved to Afribank Nigeria Plc. (later Mainstreet Bank Limited) as the Head, Operational Risk, and subsequently Acting Head, Enterprise Risk Management.
- He also functioned as the Chief Risk & Compliance Officer with Associated House Limited (ADH) now Coronation Merchant Bank Limited from November 2010 to February 2016 and subsequently as the Chief Compliance Officer at FSDH Merchant Bank Limited from 2016 to March 2020.
- He joined LOTUS Bank Limited as the pioneer Chief Compliance Officer from September 2020 and later became the Chief Risk Officer since January 2021 until his resignation from the services of the Bank with effect from 30th June 2021.
- Oluseye David Awojobi, FCIB is the immediate past Registrar/Chief Executive of The Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN). His appointment was a pivotal fragment of the strategic efforts to sustain the transformation initiatives of the Institute.
- Prior to his appointment, Dr. Awojobi occupied several notable strategic positions in the Institute such as Group Head, Ethics and Professionalism; Head, Directorate of Education; Head, Directorate of Consultancy, Training and Research, Zonal Coordinator (Northern Region)
- Before joining the Institute in the year 2000, he was the Admin Manager, CIBN Lagos Branch, 1996-1999; Assistant Manager/Head, Banking Operation, Greenfield Mortgage Finance Co. Ltd., 1993–1995, and Manager, Peoples Emergency Deposit Scheme (PEDS), Peoples Bank of Nigeria, 1992.
- Awojobi, a seasoned professional banker and an astute scholar, holds a master’s in business administration (MBA) degree and a Bachelor of Science degree in Banking and Finance from the Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye, Ogun State. He is not only a Fellow of the Institute but also a Life Member of The Institute of Directors, Nigeria; Associate Member, Institute of Chartered Mediators & Conciliators; and The Nigerian Institute of Management (Chartered).
- Awojobi obtained his Doctorate in Entrepreneurship, at Babcock University, Ilishan, Ogun State.
- Awojobi, a consultant of distinct repute and an associate of BAA Consult, has consulted for several organizations in the areas of people, strategy and systems including the FGN/EU State Economic Empowerment Development Strategy (SEEDS) assessment. He was a member of the Human Capital Development and Information Communication Technology Consultancy Committee of the FSS 2020 Project of the Central Bank of Nigeria.
- Tayo is a seasoned and certified teacher, trainer and consultant with vast post-graduation training and HR skills spanning two and a half decades. From 1979 to 1981, he attended the prestigious and the first Teachers’ College in Nigeria, St Andrew’s College, Oyo, from where he qualified and obtained the Teachers’ Grade II Certificate. He had his first degree in English/Education from the University of Benin (1987), and master’s degree in English Language, from the University of Ibadan (1992), respectively. He has taught in all the levels of Nigeria’s educational system: primary, secondary, and tertiary. Between 1990 and 1994, He was a WAEC examiner in English Language and Literature in English. Tayo has been trained in Nigeria and Europe on multi-various leadership management, quality, and service process courses.
- After a stint in lecturing, he joined DHL International Nigeria Limited as Training Officer in 1995 and became Head, Training & Development Department of DHL Nigeria in 1997 – the position he held till June 2003. He was the pioneer Training Manager for the defunct MBC International Bank between 2003 and 2005; from MBC, the banking reform took him to the First Bank of Nigeria where he acted in the capacity of Curriculum Training Manager. He joined Intercontinental Bank Plc. as a Training Manager in 2006 and started the Learning and Development Department for Southwest/Benin Region of the Bank in Ibadan, shortly after. He also was the pioneer Training Manager for Portland Paints & Products Nigeria Plc. (UAC Subsidiary), the position he held from 2012 to February 2016.
- He has served as a member of NECA, (Nigeria Employers’ Consultative Association) Education and Training Committee; and member, Association of Facilitators between 1999 and 2003.
- Tayo is a member of NITAD (Nigeria Institute for Training and Development) and CIPM; He is a certified Lead Auditor for ISO 9001:2000 Quality Systems. He has facilitated and coordinated numerous training events across Nigeria. His cutting-edge facilitation skills laced with skillful and impactful deliveries has greatly endeared him to several people who have been under his learning events.
Mr. Olatunji Cole (ACA, MBA, ACTI) is an Associate of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) and practicing auditor. He manages his own firms as the Managing Partner of Olatunji Cole & Co (a firm of chartered Accountants), and the Principal Consultant of CAFOT Consulting (a firm of Financial, Management and Tax Consultants).
He has more than sixteen (16) years of work experience and had served in different industries holding several positions as mentioned below:
- Audit, Accountancy and Management firm, consultancy Industry.
- Construction and Building Industry.
- Food and beverages industry.
- Oil & Gas Industry.
- Consulting Industry.
The various positions held are audit trainee, audit manager, business development consultant, finance/management analyst, training facilitator, company accountant, treasury manager, regional accountant, etc. He also is a lecturer at Vision Scope Consult, which is an institute that prepares students or prospective professionals to write examinations towards becoming members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) and the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN).
He is a Tax Audit Monitoring Agent (TAMA) for the Lagos State Internal Revenue Service (LIRS) under the firm of AY Associates, where the companies audited include Air France Nigeria Limited, Mopol Engineering Company Limited, Rigid Pack Containers Limited, Aptech Nigeria Limited, The Bridge Clinic, Design Group.
Henrietta Morenike Omaiboje, a Human Resource expert and Training Consultant, She has over 3 decades experience in Human Resources and Administration and is an Associate and member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria. She is a Soft Skills expert as well as a seasoned speaker in both business and religious circles.
She has very many years of experience in office administration back in the oil industry, where she worked in two American oil companies for over a period of 2 decades. She was General Manager, HR & Admin of Design Options Limited, an interior design outfit in Lagos. A member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria and the Prison Fellowship of Nigeria,
After her oil sector exposure, she worked in three SME/indigenous companies as General Managers. First, at Design Options Limited as General Manager, Human Resources, where she spear-headed the start-up of a non-existent HR department and had oversight responsibilities of a 120-man workforce including factory workers and showroom staff for over 5 years.
She thereafter worked as the first General Manager of Arksego Nigeria Limited, a leading security Company in Nigeria, where she had oversight responsibility of all security operations, general administration, clients and business relationships.
She lastly worked as General Manager of Strategic Outsourcing Limited, a Human Capital and Outsourcing firm as its General Manager until May 2010, after which she now fully operates as an independent Management Training Consultant
She has in the last few years, been speaking to women on women issues, encouraging them to use their talents.
Morenike, a mother of 3, offers free voluntary Christian support during her leisure to inmates in the 5 Prisons in Lagos State.
She is presently an associate of BAA Consult.
- PhD Economics, University of Ibadan (2012)
- Sc. Economics, University of Ibadan (2006)
- Sc. Economics (Second Class Upper), Lagos State University (2003)
- Full Member, Nigerian Economic Society (2017 to Date)
- Member, International Association for Energy Economics, USA (2006 to Date)
- Member, Nigerian Association for Energy Economics (2006-Date)
- Scholar, African Economic Research Consortium
- Member, Lagos Studies Association (2016-Date)
- Graduate Member, Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers (2019-Date)
- Certified Business Advisor, Institute of Business Advisor Southern Africa (2017 to Date)
- Technician Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (2000 to Date)
- Over fifteen (15) years’ work experience in the academia. He has worked in the following capacities, among others:
- Deputy Director (Academic Planning and Development), Distance Learning Institute, University of Lagos (2020-Date)
- Senior Lecturer, Department of Economics, University of Lagos (2018- Date)
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa (2016-2017)
- Managing Editor, Journal of Economics and Policy Analysis, Department of Economics, University of Lagos (2020-2021)
- Faculty Associate, Centre for Economic Policy Analysis and Research of the University of Lagos (2018 to Date)
- Member of Editorial Board, Journal of Social Sciences, University of Lagos
- Lecturer I, University of Lagos (2015-2018)
- Graduate Assistant to Lecturer II, Lagos State University (2005-2015)
- He has been an Associate Consultant to BAA Consult since 2019
- David has been involved in various consultancy jobs involving leading research firms and international organizations.
- He has over 30 publications in scholarly journals and peer-reviewed book chapters.
- He has presented papers in conferences both home and abroad.
- Steve Akoni has worked in the financial and manpower development sectors as well as administration and management for over twenty-two years.
- He serves on the faculty of various training and consultancy organizations. He is also the president of Quantum Business School, inspiring the activation of ideas.
- His personal purpose is to unlock dreams through the application of leadership principles.
- He serves as trainer and life coach to many evolving organizations and entrepreneurs.
- Steve Akoni’s leadership contributions earned him a Fellowship Award by the Shaddaiville Leadership Academy, received alongside the Sierra Leone Ambassador to Nigeria.
- His dexterity in research methods also earned him the Research Fellow Award of the International Institute for Tropical Agriculture (IITA), an international research centre for Africa under the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations.
- He was a Food Technologist by training before he shifted his focus on leadership and personal development.
- He is presently an associate of BAA Consult.
- Abdur-Rasheed Babalola, B.Sc., MMP, ACII, Head, Takaful Advisory at Kord Capital Limited. AbdurRasheed is a financial services innovator and trainer with a focus on underserved customer segments.
- He has over 22 years’ experience and has held various senior management positions in the financial services industry. He is a visiting lecturer at the College of Insurance and financial Management Studies (Nigeria) and West African Insurance Institute (Gambia) as well as a trainer with the International Labour Organisation (Impact insurance facility).
- He has had several speaking engagements in Dubai, Ghana, Gambia and Nigeria. As an active volunteer, he has participated in social causes that have impacted over 80,000 lives.
- He has an ambition to influence 200 emerging leaders and middle-level managers across West Africa by 2022. He is currently the Executive Secretary of MICA.
- Sc. Mass Communication (1983); M.Sc. Public Relations & Advertising (1985)
Some 34 years post-graduate work experience
- Insight Communications Limited — Copywriter and later Senior Media Executive (1986- 89).
- Lintas Limited — Client Service Manager (1989) working on major accounts like Bournvita, Omo, Federated Motor Industries (Now GM, Nigeria) range of vehicles.
- Merchant/Investment Banking (IMB Bank PLC which is legacy of Finbank Plc, and First City Monument Bank Plc)
- Professional Marketing Communication (founded Touchstone Limited).
- He has attended many courses in marketing communications, general banking, financial
public relations and management.
- He is a full member of Advertising Practitioners Council of Nigeria (APCON), Nigerian
Institute of Public Relations (NIPR) and an associate member of Nigerian Marketing
- At present, he runs his marketing communication firm, Touchstone Limited and he is an
Associate of BAA Consult.
- Efetaya has over 18 years’ experience in strategy, growth, business development and management covering retail and commercial businesses in FMCG, Banking (commercial and Microfinance), E-commerce and Insurance sectors.
- He has worked with various C-suite and decision makers of blue-chip, conventional and contemporary market leaders, associations and cooperatives heads/Excos.
- He has a large appetite for Fintech and love seeing through eyes in millennials.
- Victor Banjo is an experienced Human Resources Director, Corporate Governance trainer and Performance Coach. His twenty+ years’ experience (FMCG, aviation, banking, maritime and not-for-profit sectors) with responsibility for human resources, corporate governance, director development, aviation security and supply chain span markets as diverse as Nigeria, Ghana, Gambia, Senegal, United Kingdom, Sao Tome & Principe and South Africa in these roles:
- Director General, Institute of Directors Nigeria
- Group General Manager, Human Resources, Jagal Group
- Executive Director, Human Resources, Virgin Nigeria Airways
- Executive Director, Human Resources, British American Tobacco Nigeria
- Group General Manager, Human Resources, Oceanic Bank International Plc
- He previously served as member of the Governing Board of the IoD Centre for Corporate Governance and Executive Committee member of the African Corporate Governance Network (ACGN).
- He is an accomplished Board-level Coach, he is accredited by the International Finance Corporation (IFC) as a Trainer on the IFC Corporate Governance Board Leadership Resources and Building Director Training Organisations toolkits for sub-Saharan Africa.
- He regularly facilitates board and senior management strategy, coaching and leadership development sessions for major FMCG, Banking and Public Sector organisations.